I had an interesting experience while walking home from work this evening. I had to stay a little late in order to get some things done, so by the time I'd left it was dark. Being the end of the work week, I was drained. I was also still weak from the flu and on top of that, my stomach seemed to be in a boxing match with my lunch. I was not feeling well and decided that dwelling on that fact was the best course of action for my walk home.
I was just reaching the steps leading up to the State Capitol when I noticed a big black guy crossing the grass on an intercept course. When I looked over I saw that he was talking to me. I'd been listing to my iPod so I stopped and pulled out my earphones in time to hear, "What's the matter with you, man!?" I stood there with, I'm sure, a not-so-bright look on my face. He then approached me and demanded aggressively, "How you doin'? You feelin' good!?" Still utterly confused I simply said, "yeah, I'm feelin' good." "Then act like it!" he said and turned to walk away mumbling, "feelin' good my a**..."
I didn't know whether to laugh or thank him. I ended up just watching him walk away, eventually turning and continuing on my way. I don't know if there's any moral to this story beyond that of: even when you feel like crap (or like you really need to take one, as was the case with me), put on a happy face!
Later!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the stories people tell after living in the city. Lots of color in a city, that's for sure. I have tons from New York. I hope you are doing well. I miss you tons.
Emily Bush
It's time for you to update your blog.
Post a Comment