Monday, January 18, 2010

Dang...

Just saw it for the first time today. All I can say is: whoa

4 comments:

Jennifer Harris said...

Wes has been begging me to go see this movie. We would have seen it earlier, but I've been pretty sick, I guess the time has come. Apparently, a lot of people thought it was pretty good.

Carrie said...

It's all anyone is talking about. Is it really that good?

Marcus Pulsipher said...

It's not that the story is anything great. It's pretty standard fare for the science fiction genre: big bad species invades other species' territory resulting in conflict.

What makes the movie "whoa" worthy is just how visually striking it is. I went and saw it in IMAX 3D and I honestly can't see any reason to see it any other way. The whole point of seeing this movie is the immersive experience of being in this other world. Watching it in a small theater or not in 3D would be like removing Mr. Collins from Pride and Prejudice, you'd be missing out on a whole other dimension of the story.

Really, the only way to see this movie is in the theater. if you wait to see it on DVD you'll just be watching a mediocre Sci fi movie and will really wonder what all the hype was about.

zlb said...

hmmmmm . . . it will take a lot to get me to make a trip up north to watch a movie . . . but this might be worth it.