After a brief hiatus, I'm back. I apologize for the delay. I know you are all waiting with baited breath to hear about what is going on in the awesomeness that is my life. Well, I am glad to say that your wait is over and I have returned with tales of adventure.Of course, I say all this in jest, but I actually have been doing some pretty cool stuff. Most significantly, I've spent the last week and a half in New York City. My time there was filled with many museum strolls, walks through Central Park, and a whole lot of dang good food. I have never eaten so well in my life. Whether is was Venezuelan arepas or a three course sushi meal, it was always interesting, new, and soooooooo good. Take away all the museums, broadway shows, parks, and history, and it would still be worth the trip just for the food.
Unfortunately, I didn't only bring back memories from the Big Apple. I also brought along with me a nasty cold that I'm now trying to fight off. Consequently I'm tired and a little foggy-headed. So rather than spend a lot of time trying to recount all the happenings of my trip, I'll just let some pictures tell the story.
But before doing so, I need to give a huge shout out to my friend Zina who made the whole trip possible. Having studied in New York, and basically knowing everyone in the city, she had all kinds of hook-ups and knowledge to draw from that made losing my New York virginity all that more special. :) Thanks Zina!












6 comments:
I am so jealous!!! One of my dreams is to eat my way through New York City. I hope you post a report of all your foodie experiences!
Wow! Those photos really do speak for themselves. They are beautiful!
Wow! Those photos really do speak for themselves. They are beautiful!
anytime. though i'm feeling less rested than I would like for coming back to work, it was totally worth it. i got the package yesterday, thanks so much for sending it. i haven't had time to look at the picture disk but if it's anything like these i'm super impressed.
That looks awesome. I'm so glad you had such a great time. You are the prefect point in your life to go and having such an awesome guide would make all the difference. Yeah, I'm pretty much super jealous. Glad you got to go!
How fun. These look great. I have two questions: 1) How did you get high up enough to take all these breathtaking overhead shots, and 2) how long did you have to wait to get the shot of the walkway in central park without any people in it?
Post a Comment