Sunday, November 7, 2010

All In!


I'm officially in!  I made it.  I'm moved in.  Now, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Yes, but didn't you move up there two weeks ago?"  Well, yes.  You're right, I did.  Shut up.  But those of you that have moved a lot, or have at least moved recently, know that you aren't truly moved in until you unpack that last box and today, I officially moved into my new apartment.  It's a good feeling.

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind (I've driven a grand total of 1,200 in those two weeks, not including my commute to work).  I'll have to leave the details for future posts, but suffice it to say, I haven't had a chance yet to feel settled into my new town and community.  I really haven't spent any time here at all.  But I'm hoping that's going to change in the next few weeks.  The shower curtain and the kitchen trash can have been purchased.  I've got basil and cooking oil in the cupboard.  I think I'm good to go for a while.  My evenings and weekends will no longer need to be filled with trips to the Target in Glenwood Springs.  Hopefully now I will be able to really get to know this place.

And in that spirit, let me share my new place with you.  It'll be a short tour (my place is only 500 sq ft), but I like it and I feel very at home here.  Hopefully all of you will feel the same when (not if) you come to visit.

The living room and breakfast nook as viewed from the north wing of the house

The bedroom and office with spectacular views into the landlady's yard

The living room/library as seen from the kitchen

View looking towards the North Wing 

Walk-in closet 

Full bathroom

Heading into the kitchen 

La cocina 

La cucina 

My place from the outside


Welcome to Main Street 

Carbondale has an art house theater.  Awesome. 

There are several art galleries in the town 

This is going to be an awesome place to live.

4 comments:

The Childlike Empress said...

mister pulsipher,
back in your own digs i see, how nice.
i'm going to be your official blog stalker, feel free to stalk mine....(nobody else does)
i hope your saving up for a trip to egypt....

Becca said...

Looks great, Mark! You have quite the eye for decorating. And now, having unpacked every box and hung things on your walls, you're officially more settled than we are and we've lived in our house for almost 10 years now. Yikes! Carbondale looks quite cool too. Can't wait to come and visit. And we're looking forward to your visit to SLC in a couple of weeks.

Sarah said...

I love the way you used the bookshelf as a wall...very creative...
I like it, and i hope my family will FINALLY come and see you now!

Carrie said...

I am 100% sure you have the same blue couch as we do. It looks awesome, so wish I could be there to see it myself, but "all in good time".