Five-Finger Prints in the Sand
I took this in the summer when I made a trip to Goblin Valley. I thought it was funny because it looked so much like those cheesy pictures that always accompany that poem, "Footprints in the Sand." Except these were made with my Five-Finger shoes.
Aspen Ideas Festival
During the summer the Aspen Institute hosts the "Aspen Ideas Festival," basically an excuse for all the world's big thinkers to get together in Aspen and party for a couple weeks. There were panels with Supreme Court justices Elena Kagan and Steven Breyer, Secretary Clinton spoke at some point, and I think even Chevy Chase was here too. Anyway, this photo is from a panel discussing the design of the World Trade Center Memorial. The bald guy in the middle is Peter Walker – one of my landscape architecture heroes.
Rio Grande
This is the Rio Grade trail, a bike trail that runs the 40 mile between Aspen and Glenwood Springs. Throughout the summer I rode the 30 miles from work to my house in Carbondale and each time it was spectacular. It really is amazing. You're all invited to come ride with me next summer.
A Family of Five-Fingers
Our family held our annual trip in Rexburg this year. We did a hike up to the Wind Caves in the Tetons and Becca and I both wore our Five-Fingers to do the hike. As is our tradition, we took a picture of our feet at the top and got Baby Jane's foot in there too for good measure.
Seth
This is my nephew Seth, an unrelenting ball of energy. If Seth really were in that situation, that fish would be hog-tied, punched to death and asked an endless series of inane questions.
Pastel de Choclo
One of my favorite dishes from my time as a missionary in Chile was this little beauty here. I decided to try to make it a while ago and after scouring the internet, I came across the original recipe from the definitive La Gran Cocina Chilena, and my oh my, it was tasty.
The Return
I recently had a meeting back at my alma mater. It was great to be back in Logan and I got to see my favorite fountain on campus (yes, landscape architects have favorite fountains). When I was there, it never seemed to be running so it was fun to see it in all its abstracted-form-and-motion-of-a-mountain-stream glory.
Gore Canyon
Last weekend I went to Breckenridge with some friends from Denver. We rented a cabin and had a great weekend. The best part of that weekend was driving 1 hour north to Gore Canyon and doing some fly fishing on the Colorado River. As you can see, it was a spectacular setting with perfect weather.
6-12 Inches
This week saw the return of winter to the Roaring Fork Valley. This was the view from my office yesterday. I don't know if I'm excited or depressed. I'm excited for skiing, but I didn't get my fill of summer yet. Oh well.










3 comments:
all lovely, as usual. love janie's foot in there, and her thigh - adorable.
The as-usual, great photos, reflect much of what I love about you.
Looking at these pictures makes me think about how much my phone sucks. The pictures it takes are not nearly as nice as these. (Granted, that's probably in part do to user abilities.) When we upgrade I'm getting the iPhone. Is that what you have?
Post a Comment