So a friend of mine asked me to make a mix for her of music that just screamed "Mark!" I thought that was an interesting challenge and over the last few days I've picked away at it. I feel fairly comfortable with the end result and I thought I would post the track list here:
1 - Boy with a Coin - Iron & Wine
2 - Borderline - Sufjan Stevens
3 - Whirlwind - Dispatch
4 - Carry On - Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
5 - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues - Chris Thomas King
6 - Ricochet in Time (Live) - Shawn Colvin
7 - Number Three - Ben Harper
8 - Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town - Pearl Jam
9 - The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine - Spoon
10 - Bonito - Jarabe de Palo
11 - All the Way Up to Heaven - Guster
12 - Black Leaf Falls - Sea Wolf
13 - All I Need - Radiohead
14 - Angeles - Elliott Smith
15 - Dogs - Damien Rice
16 - Leaves that are Green (Live) - Simon & Garfunkel
17 - Le Vent Nous Portera - Noir Desir
18 - No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses
19 - Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
20 - There is No Place in This World for Me - Beck
21 - Wishful Thinking - The Ditty Bops
22 - Spirit Voices - Paul Simon
23 - You Can Close Your Eyes - James Taylor
I doubt that any one of you knows all of these songs (or even half of them) so this probably doesn't have much meaning to you. I just thought it was an interesting exercise.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I do have to say, you captured yourself perfectly. I think I've heard you at one point or another lustfully talk about most of these songs.
So where is Pablo Casals, or Leonard Bernstein, or even Copland?
Post a Comment