Saturday, June 6, 2009

Are You Up?


I saw "Up" last night and loved it. Not only is it visually striking, but it has a very real warmth to it. The story is inventive and fun and the over all message poignant and satisfying: don't stubbornly hold on to lost dreams, you may miss the beauty and happiness already offered. I don't know how Pixar can so consistently crank out these gems, but they never seem to disappoint (except in the case of Ratatoille, but we can forgive them that one).

So, my recommendation to all is to go see it. And if you can, see it in 3D. I was skeptical at first thinking that it would likely be distracting, but it was done so well and so subtly, that after the first 10-15 minutes, you hardly notice it anymore and it just serves to heighten the experience (which holds especially true for the delightful short film that precedes the movie).

So, if you can spare a couple hours in the evening, go check it out. You won't be let down (pun most definitely intended). :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Harris said...

Wes and I think you should be a critic. That was a great review of Up...very snappy. We saw it (in 3D) and also loved it.

Carrie said...

Great, now I have take the boys to see it in the theatre. . . Good to know though.