In looking back, I realize that my last post probably came across as fairly braggy. "Gee, just look at how great a guy I am!" Yeah, that's REALLY not the message I wanted to send there. My point was to just point out that when you're engaged in some big effort, something that takes a lot of time, energy, and thought out of you, that in the end when you finally get to see that all those efforts are actually making a difference, it makes it all worth it! Suddenly, any and all efforts, any sacrifice that may be asked of you, becomes completely reasonable. Why? Because they aren't going to waste! You are actually doing some good, bringing some light into this world! How awesome is that!?
It's a feeling that I used to have on a regular basis on my mission, and it's something I've only been able to recapture in glimpses and moments since then. Last Sunday was one of those moments, and oh how grateful I was for it.
So, that's all I was trying to say. Just that when you really care about something and work so hard at it, and when it seems at times like all your work is in vain, merely maintaining the status quo; it's nice to see that you're actually getting somewhere. It gives you a little more fuel in the tank so you can keep going.
Anyway, that's all I've got to say about that...
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey MArk, its your favorite neice! (RIGHT!!) Dont worry, you didnt sound like you where bragging to me :) Nice message...
I am glad you put in a disclaimer because when I read your last post, I was like, "Wow, Mark has become SUCH a bragger! What happened to my humble friend?" Just kidding, both posts were great! I am glad you are finding such rewarding opportunities and rewards in your life!
Hahahaha! I wish I was as clever as Jennifer, but I'm not. :( Steve and I didn't think you sounded braggy either. We were just happy that you found something to be excited about.
Post a Comment