Friday, October 23, 2009

Improv Everywhere

I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Improv Everywhere, but they're this performance art group in New York City that basically stage spontaneous, surreal experiences for the general public (they call them missions). I first found out about them from This American Life which highlighted a mission where they staged the greatest concert ever for some tiny, obscure band. They did it by downloading and memorizing all the band's songs and then showing up to the concert as rabid, fanatical groupies. It was awesome.

Anyway, my friend just posted their latest mission (the grocery store musical) on her blog and I thought I would share it with all of you and post some of my other favorite missions as well. It really is such a great idea.

Enjoy!











2 comments:

zlb said...

i'm still bummed they took my idea :(
my favorite is the grand central one.

North Slope Ranch said...

Hey, its Sarah!! I love Improv everywhere!! THEY. ARE. THE. BEST. (at what, i do not know, they just are!) ;D