So, I realized that my last post was a more pensive, somewhat depressing look at my birthday. I didn't even talk about what my birthday was actually like. In fact, it was a pretty darn good birthday. I just happened to write that post in the post-celebration wind-down that inevitably leads to reflection and pondering. The events of the actual day were great! I slept in, ate a great breakfast, heard from friends and family throughout the day (one friend even brought me flowers... kinda weird), and capped the evening with a long, leisurely sushi dinner with a group of close friends. And let me tell you, it was REALLY great sushi (they had an AMAZING roll called "Sex on the Beach," so yes, I even got to have really good sex on my birthday! You can't beat that).
All in all, it was the perfect kind of birthday. Relaxing, low key, and filled with people I care about.
Oh yeah, and one other thing made it a great birthday... I got myself the best birthday present EVER! A brand spanking new Macbook Pro! I am loving this thing. It does everything! Due to the new Macs' ability to run both Mac OS and Windows, I can now do all of my graphic design work AND my landscape architecture work on one, conveniently portable machine! I absolutely love it! I've spent the last two days doing all of my work from the couch out on my front porch, breathing in the fresh air. It's a beautiful thing. "It's my birthday present to me!... I'm so happy!"
1 comment:
Alright Kusko. I'm glad you had such a fabulous birthday, even if your favorite sister didn't call you until the day after, I was just trying to build the suspense. Love you!
Post a Comment