Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Roommates...

So, I came home one day, walked upstairs to my office and was greeted by the smell of smoke and the sound of hushed voices.  I turn the corner and this is what I see: my roommate and his girlfriend sitting in the bathroom, heads cocked to one side, holding flaming cones of paper stuck through paper plates up to their ears....

...yeah, I think that is probably the single oddest scene I have ever had the pleasure of walking in on.

Maybe I should rethink this whole roommate situation...

4 comments:

Super Angie said...

Ear candling! Hahahahahaha!

North Slope Ranch said...

An explanation, please?

Marcus Pulsipher said...

Angie had it right, they're called ear candles and supposedly the fire at the end of the funnel creates a significant enough change in air pressure within your ear that it completely clears out your ears of all ear wax and other stuff.

I heard about people doing this in Chile, but they claimed the purpose of it was to cure earaches.

My roommates wanted to try it as a joke (or so they say). Either way, it was weird. :)

Carrie said...

Not really sure I'd want to be clearing out my earwax with someone until I was married, I'm all for full disclosure but I do like to keep some mystery.