Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Even the Pioneers Vandalized


I spent last weekend exploring Goblin Valley and Capitol Reef.  It was a great trip and much needed vacation.  And as it turns out, an educational one, because I learned that that strange desire that we all have to carve our names into school desks or bathroom walls apparently is a universal one that spans both time and space.  Who knew?

p.s. my favorite part is in the upper left corner where someone started to spell their name with some good ol' fashion rock shootin'

3 comments:

Carrie said...

One thing I was surprised about in Egypt were all the people who had carved their names into ancient temples and things from the 1800's. We all want to stake our claim I guess.

North Slope Ranch said...

We were there! Our family took that very hike last Fall, and we all got a kick out of the names. I am so jealous that you spent time in one of my favorite spots on earth. Post more pictures of the trip, pretty please.

Becca said...

When Pete and I did that hike on an Anniversary trip a few years ago, Pete stopped and wrote down some of the names he particularly liked as ideas for future band or stage names. Some of them were quite funky.