Well, since I have now properly eulogized my late, great car Saz, it's time to look forward at the bright new future that is my shiny, used Subaru! Since this is the first weekend I've had free in over a month, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to use this car for some of the reasons I bought it: off-roading. I got into some pretty gnarly terrain today and the car (yet to be named) performed like a champ. I now have access to places that used to make Saz tremble in his radials. And I love it! And what I also love is that, unlike most 4-wheel drive cars, this thing actually gets pretty good gas milage. So far I'm averaging around 30 mpg. And even with all the mountain climbing it did today, it still pulled in an average of about 27 mpg for the day. It's the best of both worlds my friends. If any of you are wanting cake, too bad because I'm having it and eating it too.
Here are some photos from today's adventures:




3 comments:
Wow! Amazing scenery! And that new car of yours is really tricky... how did it manage to drive itself while you took the pictures? It's a wonder.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the black & white. Can I hang it on my wall?
oh goody, an unnamed car...here are a few of my suggestions -
jemima (as in puddleduck)
jemima is such a friendly name, and if she is good at driving through puddles you can call her The Puddleduck.
Bullet-Tooth-Tony -
i took this name from a character in the movie snatch . i i eve e a new pet i m going o cal it this...but 'm willing to share it with your car
Tallulah -
so that you can pay this song as you drive through places as i think its a good song for a car to sing-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tKdAu7Fnao
in fact, if i ever learn to drive and get acar i think i'll call it tallulah
Post a Comment