Sunday, September 18, 2011

Guilty?

Have you ever had a pleasure and you weren't sure if it was a guilty one or not?  That's exactly how I feel about this song I'm currently obsessed with.  I can't figure out if my affinity for it is because it's really just a good song, or if it's tapping into some primeval pleasure center of mine.  I suspect that a big reason why I like it is that his voice (at least on the chorus) sounds a lot like early to mid 90's Peter Gabriel, and that was the particular era when I discovered music.  Consequently there is something very deep down that gets triggered by the cheesy drama, glossy production, and big drums prevalent in music of that time period.  I can't get enough of it, and even now I frequently find myself returning to albums like Shawn Colvin's "Steady On" and James Taylor's "New Moon Shine."

Either way, I've had this song on repeat for the last week, and I'm still not tired of it.

p.s. the music video kinda sucks so feel free to minimize the video after clicking play.

No comments: