Actually, I have to say, it's quite a bit of fun. And it definitely helps an evening spent watching the Extended Edition of Lord of the Rings feel like a little less of a waste. So far, I've knitted two hats (one of which can also be seen modeled by a thoughtful Me above), and I am currently working on a scarf. But my crowning achievement has been a pair of booties that I knitted for my new niece, Maggie. I'm pretty darn proud of those ones and I think they turned out pretty well.
Now, I know you're probably all thinking that I am steadfastly on the path to dotage as you mull over the image of me knitting in my wingback chair with an afghan spread over my knees (actually, my mom just knit me an afghan for Christmas, so that Image isn't too far fetched), but I assure you, nothing could be further from the truth! If anything, this new hobby is helping me to retain my sanity as it is giving me something to do during those long, lonely days when my freelance design work is stalled or dried up completely.Thank you Knitting for giving me a purpose, a reason to wake up on those cold Colorado winter mornings. I couldn't do it it without you. I... I love you.

6 comments:
Those booties are so cute! I love the picture, too...very artistic.
Real men knit.
Can I put in an order for a hat, as seen by the funny looking model on your post? I am looking for one just like that. And I can pay in chicken Panini Sandwiches. Okay, alot of them.
I think knitting is cathartic. Seriously, what girl doesn't want a man who can knit her a beanie with a matching scarf and gloves?
who knew my offer (made only partly in jest) to give you skype knitting lessons would result in this? I think the best part is how the old ladies swoon over you in the knitting shops, I've witnessed it twice now!
Mark -- You are one cool dude. -- JJ
Post a Comment