So, it finally happened. I finally faced reality and got professional help. After years of trying to fix the problem myself or just hoping it would fix itself, I've finally accepted the fact that I can't do this alone and I need help.By all this, of course, I'm referring to my needing to get in shape and seeking the help of my friend who happens to be a personal trainer. What did you think I was talking about?
This morning was my first session with her and it absolutely kicked my butt. By the end I was completely drenched in sweat and could barely get up off the mat. It wasn't so much that my muscles were burning or aching. I can handle burning. It was that they had absolutely no strength. I literally could not do what she was asking me to do. It was humiliating and extremely frustrating. I really don't think those muscles had ever been used before. But this is precisely why I need her help. There's no way I would have done those kind of workouts on my own, let alone know how, or why to do them.
On a side note: I can already tell I'm going to enjoy being a part of the gym culture. When you get a bunch of people in one room, most of whom are concerned with their appearance and provide a litany of apparati on which they have the opportunity to show off, wonderful things are bound to ensue. Oh, and I forgot how great it was to see naked old men in a locker room. There's just so much to look forward to each day! I'm sure you can all anticipate some "Tales from the Gym" in future posts. :)

3 comments:
Wow mark, whats with the old men... kind of creepy :O
just kidding! Nice joke at the beginning, it made me laugh.:D
oh, and good luck! You better hope you dont ruin your perfect muscle man appearance come thanksgiving dinner.
remind me to tell you about the time i had a personal trainer and could hold up my arms.
Post a Comment