I don't know if any of you that read this blog like Glenn Beck. I apologize up front if you do. Personally, I have a very hard time liking him and am fairly embarrassed that he is a member of my church; a church that puts forth love, tolerance, and faith as the hallmark of discipleship. Instead of using his high profile platform to encourage these attributes, Beck inspires hate, anger, and fear through his rhetoric. Along with his counterparts, both conservative (Sean Hannity, Fox News) and liberal (Bill Mahar, MSNBC) he has succeeded in widening the gap in an already divided country.
Well, last night on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart did a brilliant parody of Beck, using all the same show-boating tactics that Beck uses and the same faulty logic to draw equally ridiculous conclusions from unrelated events. It's satire at its finest. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment