Friday, November 13, 2009

Preparation Day

Yesterday was my preparation day. What am I preparing for? Well, as some of you already know, I am going to get a beautiful old piano. It's an upright Steinway and dates back to the 1800's. This thing is beautiful. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. The story of how and why I'm getting it is long and, unfortunately, sad. I'll recount it later, when I am able to post pictures of it.

Anyway, on Saturday I am going to go pick it up and move it to my friend's house (since it won't fit in my apartment). Now, as I'm sure you all know, moving a piano is no small feat. So I spent yesterday preparing for the move by researching how best to move a piano and also building a dolly (pictured above) to help make the move a little easier. I am getting really excited! I'll post pictures of the move and the piano as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, so thats what all the working out was for! (just kidding) good luck! I just hope it wont randomly fall out of an apartment window and crush some old lady like what always happens in the movies...(just kidding about that too) Have fun! :D