Not having much time, and wanted to see as much of the monument as possible, I opted to go on several of the short little hikes that are found throughout the park. The only real "hike" I went on was a short 1.5 mile up and back hike to the "Devil's Kitchen," a small flat area surrounded by sandstone spires. The whole park was beautiful and the hikes and views were refreshing. I was even favored with a spectacular sunset at night. The only disappointment was that the campground didn't allow campfires, only charcoal barbecues.
Verdict: Recommended

3 comments:
I can not beleive that your hike with your nephews to Mary's Lake did not make it on your list. Especially due to the fact that you got them all to dive in. That takes some skill!
That is going to be hike #6. I have to enter them in in their proper order. I'm just a little behind right now.
I love all your pics from your hiking expeditions. So lovely. Almost makes me want to move to CO.
Post a Comment